The effective way to ETL, using .NET
actionETL is a high performance, highly productive .NET library for easily writing ETL data processing applications in .NET languages such as C# and VB.
Use it to add ETL processing to your existing applications, and create new ones, replacing traditional ETL tools.
It is suitable for both ETL developers with limited .NET programming experience, and for full-time .NET developers that have ETL requirements.
Build your ETL application using the included 68 workers, which provide control flow and dataflow functionality, and handle both simple and highly complex scenarios with ease. The database workers generally work with all supported providers, making it easy to implement as well as port between databases.
The architecture also makes it easy to create new, custom workers, that can be used and reused, same as the out-of-box workers.
23 Times Less Code
With excellent reusability and composability, actionETL required 23 times less C# code (9kB) to create a high performance and reusable custom Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) worker (fully included in documentation), vs. similar functionality implemented in one commonly used traditional ETL tool (209kB).
Broad Data Source Support
- Dedicated MariaDB™, MySQL™, PostgreSQL®, SQLite, and SQL Server® providers
- ODBC provider for other databases
- Delimited and Fixed Format flat files
- XLSX spreadsheet files
- Extensible to other formats
Familiar ETL strengths
- Control flow, with Start constraints and a Hierarchical structure.
- Dataflow, with High Performance Row-by-Row Processing, and Debugging rows in flight.
- Divide and conquer – implement requirements via many smaller (and reusable) parts.
- Unlimited and configurable parallelism for maximum performance.
Retains App Dev strengths
- .NET code-based programming, handles complexity very well and is easily integrated
- Delivered as NuGet package
- Reusability, Composability, Encapsulation
- Testability, Extensibility, Refactoring
- Source control and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Adds unique strengths
- Merged Dataflow and Control flow functionality, including with constraints
- Data source specific data types
- Micro batches
- Separate (un)recoverable errors
- Single programming model, including for constraints, custom workers etc.
actionETL runs on Windows .NET Framework 4.6.1+, and is also being ported to .NET Standard / .NET Core to run cross-platform, followed by .NET 5. With .NET Standard in place, we’ll also start adding cloud specific features.