The effective way to ETL, using .NET
actionETL is a high performance, highly productive .NET library for easily writing ETL data processing applications in .NET languages such as C# and VB.
Use it to add ETL processing to your existing applications, and create new ones, replacing traditional ETL tools.
It is suitable for both ETL developers with limited .NET programming experience, and for full-time .NET developers that have ETL requirements.
Build your ETL application using the included 68 workers, which provide control flow and dataflow functionality with unlimited complexity:
The architecture also makes it easy to create new, custom workers, that can be used and reused, same as the out-of-box workers.
23 Times Less Code
With excellent reusability and composability, actionETL required 23 times less C# code (9kB) in one example (fully included in documentation) to create a high performance and reusable custom Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) worker, vs. similar functionality implemented in one commonly used traditional ETL tool (209kB).
Retains App Dev strengths
- .NET text-based programming, handles complexity very well and is easily integrated
- Reusability, Composability, Encapsulation
- Testability, Extensibility, Refactoring
- Source control and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Familiar ETL strengths
- Control flow, with Start constraints and a Hierarchical structure.
- Dataflow, with High Performance Row-by-Row Processing, and Debugging rows in flight.
- Divide and conquer – implement requirements via many smaller (and reusable) parts.
- Unlimited and configurable parallelism for maximum performance.
Adds unique strengths
- Merged Dataflow and Control flow functionality, including with constraints
- Data source specific data types
- Micro batches
- Separate (un)recoverable errors
- Single programming model, including for constraints, custom workers etc.